Saturday, February 26, 2011
days of dreaming
Going through this process of winter is draining - February is a cruel month. I look forward to that glorious APRIL 12 afternoon, when the sun is shining and I realize that I do not have to spend all of my time thinking thinking thinking. I am going to read books, stare at the clouds, and enjoy this Wesleyan bubble. My thesis is coming along, but like all large documents, is a process. Instead of a spring break of sunshine and some salty air, I will be working hard on my thesis, editing and renewing my relationship with Olin library.
Continuing my interest in stories, I may have thought of the best title for my thesis to date: "The Story of the High Line" - simple, but straight forward. Also, full of sass - perfect. I am unsure. I want a title to give a brief blurb about what the document is about - a story seems to explain what it is pretty well. Maybe I can use some fancier words as I try to conform to academia. Pfffff. I am not so down with all those academic titles like: Breaking down the Paradigm, Rethinking Globalization, or some other nonsense like that.
No nonsense in this document.
Maybe that could be my title.

No comments:
Post a Comment