Monday, August 23, 2010

oh! this world of ours


In conjunction with my latest blog post for SPUR, I visited the Levi's Workshop for an official event on August 20 - Edible Schoolyards.  The place reminds me of the screenprinting room at SFAI, or the smells do at least. I forgot what etching and relief ink smelled like. This might have been because I spent so much time around the chemicals that, after awhile, my nose decided to give up on protecting me from carcinogens . . . it happens.  I paid my homage to Alice Waters and looked at some mighty fine prints.  It reminded me how much I love design, printmaking, and typography - some things to mull over in my quest for place in a world where I am a nomad.


....
Apple and I are in a terrible fight, but once again (and to no surprise) Apple has won.  I lost all of my music and like the average person, I was distraught, but as my deadline for a music review came up, the gravity of my situation set in.  I went into the Genius Bar, but no magic could be done to revive my lack of music.  So, I bought a wallet-shattering external hard drive.  With a thesis coming up and more design work being thrown my way, it seemed like the logical thing to do.  For too long, people have been looking at me like I am crazy when I say that I do not back up my information - maybe I am too trusting of my relatively new MacBook Pro laptop or the fact that I did not carry my laptop many places until this summer when I had to design a bunch of stuff.  That being said, my computer has seen better days and I just say a little prayer to the big guy up there that it does not crash until after I pop that champagne on the steps of Olin Library during that beautiful day in April.

Many things to see, so little time left in San Francisco . . . the journey still goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment