Taking my break from the Root Division grant I was writing, I went on a little journey through the Mission today. I visited some of my new favorites, but also went back to some olds ones. I had only had 30 minutes to embark on this journey, but still, it was a beautiful day out and I was in no mood to go sit on a computer in a dark industrial art space until 6pm.
official "destinations" but these places were just excuses,
but good excuses at that:
Levi's Workshop - 580 Valencia St.
storefront meets printmaker, it is closed on Mondays (sticking it to the man, those hipsters) but I still snuck in and admired their screens and drying racks - OH! the luxuries!
Adobe Book Shop - 3166 16th St.
a cozy book store that feeds my ceaseless love for words
Forest Books - 3080 16th St.
good for rare//obscure books
Harringtons - Valencia St.
for the chic interior designer in us all
Four Barrel Cafe - 375 Valencia St.
I go here, always hoping to run into my favorite San Francisco artist, Paul Madonna, but instead get wrapped in how fuckin hip this place is - where did my fixie bike go? Oh, wait, that's too ironic. Nonetheless, the coffee is bomb and it will make your heart feel like it is about to explode with happiness.
...
Maybe it was the buzz from the Four Barrel Cafe espresso or the fact that it was my last day at Root Division, but I felt right walking around the Mission - like it was my home, my artistic enclave, to be so presumptuous. I do not feel that way walking through Belvedere ever.
Something about walking around San Francisco always inspires me, or at least calms me for the moment. I gathered some ideas for my last couple SPUR blog posts about public art. I thought some thoughts and kept walking . . .
...
Intern/Work concerned, I am finishing up my designs for the MUNI merchandise - mostly screenprinting some t-shirts. Let me know if you are interested in one - I will have samples up soon. Also, after many a struggle with graphics for the website, the new logo and alternating headers were chosen/approved. Check them out HERE
Some concluding sentiments from Paul Madonna:
click to enlarge






No comments:
Post a Comment