Tuesday, May 10, 2011

so flung


GZA - Knock, Knock (feat. Ghostface Killah) from Tarik Azzougarh on Vimeo.


Last Thursday was Spring Fling at Wesleyan and the main act was Ghostface Killah and Raekwon, which I was not feeling.  It was probably because it was outside and when at an outside concert, I just want to jam, worship the sun, and be a silly person. The sound vibrated against the hill so much that the experience of listening felt like being inside a hazy bubble.  The quality of the speakers made the voices sound like they were yelling at me, which is not very fun when you are trying to chill. There are probably more pleasant ways to experience hip-hop.

My freshman year, GZA played here and it was awesome! He is the most cerebral MC in the Wu Tang Clan, and having just finished my poetry portfolio, I am feeling that style of hip-hop much more - strong verses, catchy, and more accessible for people who like word play (and all of that) that culminates into a strong narrative of thought.  So, I came across this song on Pandora Radio while working on some stuff in the library and had to share it.  We'll see what else comes across these air waves today.

No comments:

Post a Comment