Thursday, April 28, 2011

right?



So, I am not supposed to like Katy Perry because only girly girls who don't know better like her. And I listen to enough music and run two music websites so I can't be one of those girl, obviously.  But, I have to say, this is a pretty outstanding video, especially how it fits the beats, lyrics, and all that shit. 

Kanye is pretty awful in this video, especially his second verse.  I almost threw-up, but really.  Whoever made this is great and I am obsessed with the story line.  It is kind of like visualizer for iTunes: it is dark and bright/neon and bumpy (yea know, bummmping to the beat) and the story line gets crazy at the end - the dude is a full black/white spectrum skinned at the same time: white over black, then vise versa; someone in the art department might call it "tension."  The end is worth it.  Definitely check out the holy union.

Uh, ok. I am going to go back to finishing this poster for PNK@DKE that I have been meaning to do for like 3 days.  The concert's on Saturday.  You should all come, obviously.  I will dress in black and try to not look like I care.  I will also pretend to know what "good punk" music is. Actually, this is too close to the truth.  I told Scotti I would design it for him - he emailed me this really sweet note asking me politely if I could help them out and design it.  "Of course, Scotti.  I always love doing stuff like that." What a frosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment