Sunday, March 6, 2011

Steven Johnson

Having met with Professor Jacobsen the other day about urban economics, she encouraged me to develop my argument through these last 5 weeks of the thesis journey.  Much of my thesis is wrapped around what a good idea is and how to make it a reality - that an idea becomes a good idea when someone figures out how to do something with it.  So, I have been in a kick to figure this out and how I may be able to contribute this insight into my thesis on the High Line.



Despite my thesis becoming an oddly self-aware piece, wrapping both the idea of how to get something done up in my actual process of getting this huge thing finished, I do like this sort of thinking.  Would I do it forever? Absolutely not. I need to be doing something with all of these thoughts because at this point, I have too many of them and they need to be directed towards something that is not so cerebral.

As Steven Johnson says in the video, "chance favors the connected mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment