Friday, March 19, 2010

Sprang Burk

I am home in the Bay Area for a couple more days on spring break. It has been great to be home and in a place that I love.  I am keeping up with art and taking a graphic design class with David Schorr at Wesleyan.

The most recent show at Electric Works is phenomenal.  The work has an edge that is not displayed in higher profit galleries.  The gallery itself is architecturally fascinating with a warehouse feel and piping on the ceiling, 5 TON trolleys, and walls within walls.  

Electric Works represents everything that I hope to be as an artist. They support local artists, the San Francisco Arts Commission, and have exhibits that never cease to amaze me. I rarely go in there and ask, "Is this art?" It all moves me and the people around the gallery, so I suppose that is what art is.




Check out more about Electric Works and read about the exhibits HERE.
130 8th St. (Mission St/8th St) San Francisco, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment