Friday, January 1, 2010

Beginnings of a Portfolio

While I have completed my semester at the San Francisco Art Institute, I am just starting this whole artistic exploration.  It has been an enriching semester and I am so grateful for the process.


Some things to entertain those eyeballs -


This was the final project for Drawing I & II. (It is about 6 feet long). At Wesleyan, Drawing I requires a nude life-size drawing.  In San Francisco, we do things a little differently.

Fred Martin assigned us two full size paintings inspired from Tarot cards to complete in class, then to make the third we had to cut them up and make a new one for the final project. This is the end result.

Collaging and mixed media is both terrifying and exhilarating. I really liked the two pieces I made, and then to be told that I needed to take them apart and make a new one pushed me to get out of creating perfect art.  However, it was a good exercise for me.


















Drawing Exercises -

When exploring surrealism, we painted on newsprint with Japanese ink.  There were two male models that were posing according to Gericaults 'Raft of the Medusa.'






___________
Cubism Assignments -

 



























I have also been thinking of this song recently . . . in my mind, in my mind.
(Plus, it's also warms my heart that Mr. Suf plays oboe in his music)





It resonates with me as I have been feeling geographically conflicted - San Francisco is such a great city, but so much of my life is on the east now.
Where do I land? I am unsure, but the home is in the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment