Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"My head keeps spinning/can't stop having these visions/I gotta keep winning"


an update in narrative form
with musical accompaniment by Grizzly Bear






I trek up the tower stairs to the printmaking department . . .

and run into my final edition print for the 1st project, mounted onto the gallery wall.
__________________________________________________


Consumed by the latest project . . .

I stare at my woodcut for awhile, wondering how I am going to pull off multiple colors while also using the press.
____________________________________________________


Crazy Fred Martin demands a drawing composition . . .

I find solace in an empty studio and work until my hands and nails are blackened with charcoal
____________________________________________________


I prepare for a drawing critique in my room . . .

The palm tree outside my window sways violently as the rain comes crashing down . . .



Off to school, I voyage, present in the experience of being at SFAI.

No comments:

Post a Comment