Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have no ears


The Faded Paper Figures, out of Irvine, CA, delicately play with words as they create whimsical sounds that become quite intoxicating. I also like robots.


In other news, it is fleet week.  
It officially begins tomorrow and runs through Sunday, but I am already deaf.





The Blue Angels were practicing today for the big weekend. I was at the Art Institute all day and as it is close to the Bay and the Marina, it was super loud.  I almost wanted to duck a couple times and people told those Blue Angels to watch out for the tower.  All of the LA kids were flipping out asking why the hell we were under aerial attack. Always a fun explanation.

Artistically standing, I have been drawing people a lot. I also transferred my woodcut print to another woodcut, so I can do multiple colors. I will post pictures promptly.

Collaboratin status: working on a music, art, sculpture collaboration with some kids at SFAI. It is sick and makes me excited all over.  As I figured out how to electrify my oboe and am particularly interested with the interplay of the fine art image and music, we are exploring that space together. That sounds all free love and shiz, but really, it should be an interesting, little thing.

What to look forward to?
- some new drawings of people
- Valencia St. gallery show openings
- my final edition posted in the SFAI gallery, and the project 2 printing process . . . oh man

No comments:

Post a Comment