Sunday, September 20, 2009

An Ode to a Woodcut

2nd Project - Create a two color woodcut print using two separate blocks.  Students will draw a portrait of someone they feel has been a major influence in their lives.  Students will then proof the image on the press, transfer the image to another linoleum block (of the same size) to create a template for the second color.  Students will print and complete a small edition of 4 prints plus any artist proofs.



Dear Woodcut,

While you sit there all perched and natural, I consider my imminent doom. Please spare my hands as I do like my fingers and do not wish to cut them too much. Leprosy is out of season. Please do not be too unpredictable with your grain and composition. I promise to try my best and print something nice.
     
Love,
Liz


Anyways, I will leave you with this outstanding video, live in an elevator nonetheless.  If this is how life is in Paris, I will take the elevator more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment