
Last night I went to an artist talk at The Peanut Gallery, located on Folsom Street, in the SOMA area. It is a small, artist run gallery that holds talks for artists with artists in order to create thoughtful discussion.


(Some images from the event postcard)

The artist that spoke last night was Carisssa Potters. She enjoys making things out of memories and remnants. This is a receipt quilt that is shown in the window of The Peanut Gallery.
On a new subject and one that I found a little more interesting:
I am driving home on Van Ness from said event and around Bush St. I see this huge line of people crowding a formal, white stone building. "What is this all about?" I ask myself as the music plays in my car. Then, I see two men in bondage walking towards the line. I look with inquisitive eyes and see that the event has something to do with bondage and dominatrix business. Intriguing. But, I continue driving.One of those "only in San Francisco" moments. The most surprising part was that it was on Van Ness and not hidden away on Folsom Street or the Castro. I am not surprised by an event such as that at all, in fact, I love that San Francisco even has those kinds of things. I was more surprised to have witnessed one on my innocent drive home.
Clearly, I have a lot to learn about this city.
1 comment:
you never know what's around the next corner...
Post a Comment